Smoked salmon mini-agels
Smoked salmon bagels are a classic. But when you can make them yourself, by baking the dough in a donut mold, it’s even better! The bonus: these minibagels are softer and softer than full-size ones. They could also be served as bites for the aperitif.
- Place the grill at the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 190 ° C (375 ° F). Generously butter a 12-cavity donut pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the oil and mix. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk and mix until the dough is smooth and homogeneous.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a plain nozzle, distribute the preparation in the cavities of the mold. Sprinkle the top of the paste with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the minibagels are lightly browned. Unmould by inverting the bagels on a parchment paper or a clean cloth (see note). Let cool. Freeze at this stage, if desired.
- Cut the minibagels in half horizontally. Spread the bases with the cream cheese, then sprinkle with the chives. Garnish with smoked salmon. Pepper. Close the minibagels.