Sodium bicarbonate is an ingredient that has many beauty benefits. It is known for its many benefits for the skin, but have you ever heard of its benefits for hair? Sodium bicarbonate helps to clean the hair and also helps to lengthen it. From here, we will highlight in this article the benefits of baking soda for hair and the most prominent ways to prepare mixtures from it.
Sodium bicarbonate benefits for hair
1- Sodium bicarbonate to treat dandruff
This skin problem often affects the scalp, and sometimes it may affect the skin in other areas of the body. The texture of baking soda is exfoliating, so it can help remove dry skin from the scalp, purify hair and get rid of dandruff.
2- Sodium bicarbonate to strengthen hair
Baking soda or baking soda has many healing properties, the most important of which is that it is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, so it will make your scalp healthy and protect it from many skin diseases, thus stimulating your hair to grow healthy and make it more strong.
3- Sodium bicarbonate to treat fungal infection
Sodium bicarbonate contains anti-bacterial substances that reduce deposits and lime and work to calm the scalp. .
4- Sodium bicarbonate to calm the scalp
When sodium bicarbonate is continued to be used on the hair, it reduces the production of oils, due to balancing the pH of the scalp and thus helps to get rid of itching that may occur in the scalp directly and quickly.
5- Sodium bicarbonate to clean hair
Sodium bicarbonate acts as a natural cleaner for the chemicals in the hair resulting from the use of shampoos, hairspray, etc., which may make the hair greasy. It is also considered useful for the care of oily hair by removing the deposits on it. On the other hand, it helps to get rid of chlorine stuck in the hair caused by swimming pools.
6- Sodium bicarbonate as dry shampoo
This is one of the most innovative uses of sodium bicarbonate. If you are in a hurry to go out and do not have time to wash your oily-looking hair and the dry shampoo bottle has run out, hurry to the kitchen and use baking soda.
Sodium bicarbonate hair mask
1- Sodium bicarbonate and hair shampoo
- 1/4 cup of baking soda.
- 3 quarters of a cup of pure water.
- Drops of lavender oil.
- A clean shampoo box.
How to prepare and use:
- Sodium bicarbonate is placed in an empty shampoo container.
- Add water and shake the bottle to mix well.
- Add the lavender oil to the mixture and mix the ingredients again until you are sure to mix all the ingredients together.
- Gently massage the scalp and hair, leave the mask on the hair for 10 minutes, then wash the hair well.
2- Sodium bicarbonate and olive oil for hair
- One tablespoon of baking soda.
- A tablespoon of olive oil.
- One egg yolk.
How to prepare and use:
- Warm the olive oil a little and add the egg yolk to it.
- Add baking soda and mix the ingredients together well.
- Apply the mixture to the scalp and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash the hair well with lukewarm water, then cold water, and dry it well