Spicy Thai noodles
- 1 lb (450 grams) linguini
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper flakes
- 1 zucchini cut in half a round
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 and a half tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons of grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of sliced cilantro
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) coarsely chopped peanuts
- Cook linguini according to package directions. Drain and set aside
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce and ginger. Mix well.
- In a saucepan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and heat over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and cayenne pepper flakes and scramble the eggs. Set aside with the pasta.
- Add the rest of the oil.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms and garlic. Sauté for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to LOW. Add the pasta and eggs to the pot.
- Pour the sauce on top. Mix well.
- Remove from fire
- Add the peanuts, green onions and cilantro.
- To mix together