Prime Rib With Garlic Herb Butter
19 December, 2020
for 7 servings
- 1 cup butter(230 g), softened
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 5 lb boneless ribeye roast(2.2 kg), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef stock(475 mL)
- mashed potato, to serve
- green bean, to serve
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Mix together the butter, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl until evenly combined.
- Rub the herb butter all over the rib roast, then place on a roasting tray with a rack.
- Bake for 5 minutes per pound (10 minutes per kilo) of meat, so a 5-pound (2.2 kg) roast would bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the rib roast sit in the oven for 2 hours, making sure you do not open the oven door or else the residual heat will escape.
- Once the 2 hours are up, remove the roast from the pan and pour the pan drippings into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour, whisking until there are no lumps, then add the beef stock, stirring and bringing the sauce to a boil.
- Remove from heat and strain the sauce into a gravy dish.
- Carve the prime rib into ¾-inch (20 mm) slices.
- Serve with the mashed potatoes, green beans, and sauce!
Join Our WhatsApp Group For Daily Updates