- 1 and a half lb (680 grams) ground meat
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) quick oatmeal (flaked) oats
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) onion
- 1 teaspoon and a quarter of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (175 ° C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the meat, oatmeal, milk, egg, onions, and salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands to incorporate everything into the meat.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan and press well.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove excess fat.