Do you suffer from bad hair smell? Does this affect your social relationships? Or on your psyche? Or are people starting to avoid you? Well, if you don’t take good care of your hair, it will of course become unpleasant, and unpleasant body or hair odor will definitely keep people away from you. And you will not have to spend more on hospitalizations to get rid of it. For a permanent and final solution, just use different home remedies to get rid of the annoying smell of hair.
Home remedy to get rid of bad hair odor
1- Use soda to get rid of the bad smell of hair
Baking soda is one of the most effective ingredients for treating unpleasant hair odor. It is the best treatment for reducing oiliness on the hair and scalp tissues and thus eliminating the accumulated dirt and unpleasant odor. To use this remedy, follow the following steps:
- Take three cups of water for every amount of soda
- – Mix them well to make a paste – Add the paste to your wet hair
- Leave it on your hair for five minutes
- Rinse your hair well with water
- Repeat this process once a week to get rid of hair smell
2- Apple cider vinegar to get rid of bad hair smell
It is a natural hair cleanser and helps remove the accumulated harmful effects of hair products, which in turn contribute to the formation of the unpleasant smell and greasy hair, and also helps restore the natural acidity of the hair, which contributes to its luster and prevents its frizz. To prepare this treatment just follow the following steps:
- Add half a cup of organic apple cider vinegar to two cups of distilled water and mix them together, add three drops of any essential oil such as rosemary, lavender to the mixture, just spray it on your hair and leave it for a few minutes before rinsing it with cold water.
- – You can follow another way to use it by adding a spoon and a half of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and leaving it on your hair for one minute before rinsing it with water.
3- Lemon juice to get rid of the unpleasant smell of hair
Lemon juice is an excellent cleanser for both the body and hair. It cleans your hair effectively when it removes all the dirt and dust accumulated on it, in addition to its contribution to hair gloss, smoothness and straightness, and it protects you from many hair problems such as scalp diseases and dandruff. To prepare this treatment, follow the following steps:
- Squeeze two lemons and extract their juice
- Add lemon juice to a glass of water.
- Wash your hair with shampoo first, then add the mixture of water and lemon to it and your scalp, leave the mixture on your hair for a few minutes and then rinse it.
- Repeat this remedy once or twice a week to get rid of hair odor.
- -If you suffer from scalp fungi, add the juice of one lemon to a cup of yogurt and put it on your hair and scalp for half an hour, rinse it with water and repeat the treatment every week to get rid of the smell of your hair.
Another way to treat is by adding lemon juice to a base oil such as lavender or rosemary, mix it well and prepare a mixture, add the mixture to your hair and scalp and leave it overnight. Use this treatment two or three times a week to get rid of the smell of your hair.
4- Tomato juice: Tomato juice helps balance the pH of the hair, and remove its bad odors. To prepare this treatment, follow the following steps:
- Massage your scalp with the juice of one tomato
- – Leave it on for 10-15 minutes – Rinse it with water
- Use this remedy once or twice a week to get rid of hair odor.
Warning: tomato juice may lighten the tone of your hair, so choosing this treatment is at your own risk.
5- Tea tree oil effectively fights microbes. It contains anti-bacterial properties that grow on the scalp, which helps to get rid of the annoying smell of hair, and also helps reduce the problem of dandruff and scalp pimples. To use this treatment, follow the following steps:
- Add a little tea tree oil to the water
- Mix it well and massage it into your scalp
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes
- Then rinse it with shampoo and water
- You can also wash your hair with shampoo with a little tea tree oil added to it
- I use this remedy once a week to get rid of hair odor.
6- Indica to get rid of the bad smell of hair
Indica is also known as the neem tree, which is useful in treating scalp diseases and hair odor, and has sterile properties, so it is one of the best types of treatment for the smell of hair.
- You can add neem oil to your shampoo when washing your hair
- Or put drops of neem oil on your scalp and massage it
- Leave it on overnight, rinse your hair with shampoo the next morning
- If neem oil is not available, boil water with a few leaves of neem, leave it to cool and use it.
- Use this remedy to wash your hair once a week to get rid of the smell of hair.
7- Aloe vera to get rid of the unpleasant smell of hair
Aloe vera has a very beneficial effect on hair and prevents many scalp diseases, in addition to being one of the best solutions to get rid of the smell of hair, and treats dandruff and hair loss problems. To prepare this treatment, follow the following steps:
- After washing your hair with shampoo, apply fresh aloe vera gel
- Leave it on your hair for 10-15 minutes, then rinse it well with water
- – You can follow another way to use it by adding a tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon and a half of aloe vera gel to the shampoo you use and wash your hair with this mixture
8- Orange peel: Orange juice and peel are one of the best solutions used to remove unpleasant hair odor, and help eliminate greasy hair and dandruff, in addition to being an effective medicine to get rid of hair odor, to use this treatment just follow the following steps:
- Fill a glass jar with orange peel and add some organic apple cider vinegar to it, keep it in your cupboard for two weeks
- Put it in the fridge after the two weeks have passed.
- Add two tablespoons of this mixture to a spray bottle filled with water.
- Spray the spray on your hair after washing it well.
- Rinse it after a few minutes.
- You can also use orange peel powder, by drying it in the sun for two weeks and grinding it.
- Add water to the powder and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cool the water before using it.
- Rinse your hair with a mixture of water and orange peel powder.
- Leave it on your hair for ten minutes and then wash it with water.
9- Cinnamon and honey: The cinnamon and honey mask is one of the most effective ways to get rid of the annoying smell of hair, because both ingredients contain anti-fungals and bacteria.
- Just add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a cup of boiled water and soak it for half an hour.
- Mix half a teaspoon of honey with cinnamon and water.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for a few hours
- Rinse it off with a gentle shampoo and water.
- Repeat the treatment once or twice a week to get rid of the unpleasant smell of hair.