Depression _ is not a taboo
Depression is made a social norm. Actually , so much shame is associated with this topic that even a person is suffering from depression, he hesitates to talk about it.
What is depression?
It is a serious state of mental illness and is a leading cause of many other physical and mental problems. In most cases, the victim ends up killing himself. It is basically a situation of nervous pressure accompanied by sadness which may vary depending upon the reason.
Who can be the sufferer of depression?
The people belonging to any age group from teenage to late ages can be the victim of depression. However, the teenagers and the people in age group of 20_35 are mostly seen to have depression.
Reasons of depression
There can be many reasons of depression which vary from person to person. The major reasons are as follows:
- Social rejection
- Lack of attention
- Family crisis
- Loss of close one’s
- Any incident in past
- Any accident
- Harassment or rape
- Unhappy childhood
- Financial crisis
- Lack of peace
- Educational competition
- Cyber addiction
- Restrictions and introversy
Conditions ( symptoms):
The situation in the beginning may not be worse sometimes. But if not treated it may worsen with the time.The following are the conditions that the sufferer faces during depression.
- Sadness which may get severe
- One wants to shouts aloud
- Wants to Express his pain but is unable to
- Wants to cry and may cry all the time
- May become an introvert
- Would like to spend time in darkness
- Negative thoughts capture one’s mind
- Loss of self control
- Rage and getting made with anger
- Low self Esteem
- Thinking that no one understands you
- Hating everyone and everything
- Not motivating oneself
- Unable to do even daily chaos
- Not feeling well
- Tension headache
- Having a major disease like cancer or tumour
- Distancing and avoiding people
- Comparing with others and getting sad
- Getting rude and non-cooprative
- Having nightmares
- Unable to sleep
- Getting sad over little matters
- Suicidal thoughts or attempts
- Panic attacks
- Asthma attack or nervous breakdown
- Nervous disorder
The conditions are discussed in detail because the symptoms or conditions of depression and sadness are different which seem to be similar sometimes. Due to which some people having sadness consider themselves to have depression. So it is important to understand the difference between the two.
- Basically, the treatment is divided into two categories:
Medicine and therapy
You have to first consider yourself a sufferer, and consult a physician who would further recommend medication for you. Be regular in your check ups.
Your physician will recommend you therapy and then you would opt for sessions. Sessions in many cases help you to get out of your depression but in condition if you are willing to do so.You have to make yourself agreed upon the fact that depression is not a taboo and there is no shame being a patient of depression.
You might be wondering that are there precautions for depression??
The answer is :yes, there are.The following are some measures that one should go for being a sufferer or if one wants to avoid or get rid of depression.
- Keep your self at a distance from negative company .
- Or those who mentally or physically abuse or torture you.
- Keep yourself happy all the time.
- Learn to love yourself.
- Understand the fact that your life is of priceless importance.
- Stop comparing and complaining.
- Try to live in company of positive people.
- Give and take positive vibes.
- Understand that you are the one to support you and get out of this depression.
- Be sincere with your self.
- Listen to surah rahman thrice a day which is scientifically proven to be effective.
- Make yourself agreed upon the fact that there is no shame being a sufferer .
- Sleep early and wake up early.
- Spend quality time with your self.
- Opt for your hobby.
- Understand that life is journey not a competition.
- Read motivational books.
- Do charity work.
- Exercise daily and take care of your diet.
Depression is not a taboo and not everyone ends up committing suicide. There is no one to make you normal except yourself.