What are the stages of addiction treatment
What are the stages of addiction treatment:
Firas Al-Waziri, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Dar Al-Sakina for Addiction Treatment, talks about the steps and stages of drug addiction treatment, how to overcome these stages successfully, what should be done with the addict, and how to treat him as a patient who needs treatment and not as a criminal who should be executed.
When talking about addiction treatment, it must be realized that this matter is not easy, and must be done under direct medical supervision, and in a suitable place for that, such as Dar Al-Sakina for Addiction Treatment.
Each addict is treated in a manner appropriate to the drug to which he is addicted, and in a manner that is appropriate to his personality and the extent and extent of his addiction. Below are some basic goals:
For treatment and rehabilitation programmes:
• Achieving a state of abstinence from taking drugs and finding a more acceptable way of life.
• Achieving psychological stability for drug addicts with the aim of facilitating rehabilitation and social reintegration.
• Achieving an overall reduction in drug use and illicit activities.
1- Treatment measures: These usually include the following:
Coping with the effects of overdose.
• Coping with emergencies associated with stopping taking addictive drugs.
• Mental medical emergencies resulting from drug use.
• Detoxification of individuals addicted to the use of certain drugs.
• Use of anti-physiological drugs, which spoil the effect of opium derivatives and make their use futile.
• Helping addicts achieve a drug-free existence on the basis of outpatient treatment.