Women of all ages experience vaginal itching from time to time and itching, burning or irritation in sensitive areas such as the vagina and vulva can be very uncomfortable. Some common causes of vaginal itching, or burning around the vaginal area are bacterial or yeast infections, sexually transmitted diseases, menopause and chemical irritants.
Vaginal infections, pinworms and vaginal yeast infection can cause vaginal itching. However, this type of infection is very common in children and excessive stress and a weak immune system can increase the likelihood of suffering from this annoying problem. In addition to itching and a burning sensation, there can be redness and swelling around the vaginal area and vulva, and vaginal discharge and foul odor may also be present, and often women feel discomfort during urination or intercourse. To stop vaginal itching, you need to maintain proper hygiene as well as follow a healthy lifestyle and diet Use some simple home remedies to get temporary relief from symptoms However to get proper diagnosis and treatment you should consult your doctor
Here are the most important home remedies for vaginal itching and burning:
1. Apple cider
vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is a successful remedy for vaginal itching due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. It also helps restore the natural pH balance of the vagina.
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a cup of warm water and use this solution to wash your vagina twice daily for a few days.
- Also, add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of raw honey to a glass of warm water and drink it twice daily.
2. Cold compresses:
To get immediate relief from vaginal itching, cold compresses can be used because they help numb the area and reduce itching and inflammation.
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean cloth.
- Put this piece on the vagina for a few minutes.
- Take a break for 30 seconds and then put it back on.
- Repeat until the itching stops.
- Use this remedy as needed.
- You can also rinse the vaginal area with cold water several times a day.
3. Salt water:
A salt water bath can be enjoyed to relieve vaginal itching, as salt controls the growth of infection-causing microbes, thus reducing itching and other discomforts.
- Add a tablespoon of salt to a glass of water and use it to wash your vagina whenever you feel itchy. This will give you instant relief.
- Alternatively, fill a bathtub with warm water and add ½ cup of salt to it. Sit in the water in a squatting position for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat 2 or 3 times daily for a few days for best results.
- Note: Do not use salt if you have any open wounds or sores.
Yogurt contains beneficial bacteria that stop itching and burning around the vagina. The beneficial bacteria can control the spread of infection in the body. It also helps kill yeast and bad bacteria in the vagina and promotes the growth of good bacteria.
- Take yogurt and insert it into the vagina for two hours and do this twice daily until you get the desired results.
- Also eat yogurt daily.
Garlic has antibacterial as well as antibiotic properties that can help kill bacteria and yeast. It also improves the immune system, and helps the body fight infection.
Dilute a few drops of garlic oil with a teaspoon of vitamin E and put it on the affected area and wait 10 minutes, then rinse it with warm water and use this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Chew 3 cloves of raw garlic daily. Alternatively, you can take garlic supplements after consulting your doctor.
6. Neem Herb:
Neem is a good remedy for those who suffer from vaginal itching as a result of yeast infection. It has antiseptic properties that help fight infection and reduce itching and other discomforts.
- Boil a handful of neem leaves in 2-3 cups of filtered water and let it cool. Use this solution to rinse the vaginal area once daily for a few weeks.
- Alternatively, add a few drops of neem oil in a bowl of lukewarm water and use it as a vaginal rinse. Repeat this remedy twice daily for two weeks.
- You can also drink neem tea a few times daily or take neem capsules after consulting your doctor.
Curd and fermented dairy products are rich in probiotics, and it is an effective home remedy for vaginal itching and related symptoms. Curd helps get rid of yeast and bacteria that cause vaginal infection and itching. This drink also boosts the immune system to prevent infection.
For vaginal infection, insert curd into the vagina for two hours and do this twice daily until this problem is eliminated.
Also drink 1-2 cups of curd daily for two weeks.
Honey is an effective treatment to stop vaginal itching, as it has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help get rid of any infection or microbes that can cause this problem.
Apply honey as an ointment on the affected area and leave it for 30 minutes, then wash it with warm water and repeat twice a day until symptoms improve.
Also take 1-2 tablespoons of honey with a glass of warm water twice daily.
juice Drinking unsweetened cranberry juice helps treat vaginal irritation, itching and burning as cranberry creates an acidic environment that helps curb the growth of yeast and bacteria.
In addition, it helps prevent urinary tract infections and other types of bladder infections
Drink about two cups of unsweetened cranberry juice daily until the itching and irritation stop.
If cranberry juice is not available, cranberry tablets can be taken twice daily, but after consulting your doctor about the correct dosage.
10. Boric acid: Boric
acid can provide relief from vaginal itching and irritation, thanks to its antiseptic and antifungal properties.
- Dilute some boric acid with water.
- Use the solution on the affected area.
- Leave it on for 1-2 minutes, then rinse it well with warm water.
- Follow this remedy once daily for a few weeks.
• Keep the vaginal area as dry as possible, because the moisture around the vagina makes the condition worse.
• Maintain good hygiene to prevent vaginal itching and after using the toilet always wipe from front to back.
• Wearing cotton underwear and changing it twice a day.
• If possible, sleep without underwear until the itching subsides.
• Avoid bubble baths, scented sanitary pads and any other chemical irritants.
• Avoid using soap to wash the vagina.
• Avoid intercourse until the itching stops.
• After exercising or swimming, you should take a shower immediately.
• Eat foods that contain vitamin C to boost the immune system because this will reduce inflammation in the body.
• Avoid eating sugary foods when suffering from chronic vaginal itching caused by yeast infection