There are different types of pepper-like cayenne pepper, bell pepper, Habanero, hot lemon, Tabasco, jalapeno, and bonnet pepper, but today I will talk about the uses of BONNET PEPPER.
BONNET PEPPER: is a tropical plant but some people take it as decorative flowers, especially when it is ripe, it comes in colors like red, green, yellow, and orange, bonnet pepper has a unique flavor that differs with the other peppers.
Bonnet pepper has so many uses in our body, that is why I decided to write about the health benefits of bonnet pepper in our body. Let’s look at it uses below.
Uses of Bonnet pepper:
We can use bonnet pepper in:
√ Anticancer treatment
√ Pain treatment.
√ Boosting the immune system.
√ Maintaining healthy eyes.
√ It brings out viruses and bacteria from the body.
√ helping blood cell formation.
1. Anticancer treatment:
The presence of capsaicin in bonnet pepper reduces the growth of cancer cells. Therefore, let’s be using bonnet pepper in our meal, but don’t use too much of it.
2. Pain treatment:
Bonnet pepper relief different pain, including diabetic pain, headache pain, and inflammatory heat because of capsicum in it.
3. Boost the immune system: The presence of vitamin C in bonnet pepper boosts our body immunity.
4. Maintain healthy eyes: Vitamin A in bonnet pepper helps maintain healthy eyes.
5. It brings out viruses and bacteria from the body: When you are eating bonnet pepper soup and your nose is running, that mucus is bringing out viruses and bacteria from your body.
6. The presence of iron and copper helps in blood cell formation.
How can we use bonnet pepper?
We can use Bonnet pepper in preparing any kind of soup, especially bell pepper soup, sauce, fried rice, jollof rice, yam fritters, and lots more.
Before I conclude, let me write on bonnet pepper sauce recipe.
10 fresh bonnet pepper.
2 tablespoons oil.
2 red onions.
1 Wash and remove bonnet Pepper seeds and then chop it very small.
2. With the help of the knife also chop the onions.
3. Place a frying pan on a low flame, pour oil, cut the remaining ⅓ of the chopped onion and fry it until it turns into brown.
5. Add that your chopped bonnet pepper, onion, and a pinch of salt, use a soup spoon, and fry it for 5 minutes or until you smell it’s the aroma.
Allow it to cool, put it in a glass jar, and store it in a refrigerator. Keep up to 7 days.
Use it insoupsp, Jollof, sauce, or any kind of food that requires pepper.
It’s important to use fresh pepper rather than to store it in a refrigerator for long.
BONNET PEPPER: is a tropical plant but some people use it as decorative flowers, especially when it is ripe because it comes in colors like red, green, yellow, and orange, bonnet pepper has a unique flavor that differs with the other peppers.
Was this post helpful? Did you try bonnet pepper sauce? Where are you using the sauce? Let us hear from you. If you leave this post, share it with your friends.