Pores are tiny holes on the skin that allow the skin to breathe. At the bottom of each pore are small sebaceous glands that produce sebum, the skin’s natural oil. These oil and dirt can settle into the pores and turn into blackheads or acne.
Are blackheads and open pores proportional to the amount of oil produced by the skin?
If the skin produces too much oil; The pores are clogged with oil. In addition, black spots occur as a result of the dead skin on the skin filling into the pores. The dryness of blackheads also disturbs the pores and stretches them. When the pores that grow as a result of this tension are cleaned from blackheads, they can remain open more instead of returning to their original state
If the skin produces less oil; As we age, the amount of sebum produced by the skin decreases, which leads to the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the skin. In addition, with the decrease in collagen production, the skin loses its elasticity. As a result of all these, as the skin relaxes, the pores also loosen and take on a more enlarged appearance.
Homemade Pore Minimizing Mask Recipes
Healing open and large pores requires patience. As a result of regular skin care, skin cleansing and not interrupting the routine, you can get clean and tightened pores. Including homemade pore-tightening mask recipes in your care routine is also among the fun and effective solution methods.
Egg White and Lemon Mask
The first of our pore-tightening mask recommendations is the egg white and lemon mask. Egg white is one of the natural foods known to tighten the skin. It is explained by the users that it has many benefits for the appearance of natural pores while tightening the skin. Lemon juice has a firming effect on oily skin. If you have sensitive skin, lemon juice can cause an allergic reaction, so you can try to make the mask using only eggs.
- Whisk egg whites and lemon juice until thickened.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly.
- Apply the mask by keeping it away from your eyes and lips.
- Allow the mask to dry completely.
- Rinse with warm water to remove.
- Then finish the process by gently rubbing an ice cube on your skin.
Bonus: You can add a teaspoon of honey to this pore-tightening mask recipe if you have blemishes.
Banana and Oatmeal Mask
This pore-tightening mask mixture helps your skin shine by deeply cleaning the pores.
- Cook the oats and let it cool.
- Throw a fully ripe banana into your blender. (If you don’t have a blender, you can mash the banana with a fork) Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 4 teaspoons of honey and mix.
- Combine the cooled oatmeal and the mixture you made and mix well.
- Cleanse your face and apply the mask in circular motions. As the mask dries, it will harden a little, let it sit for 20 minutes, then gently massage your skin to create an exfoliating effect while removing it.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and then don’t forget to use ice cubes, which are said to be very beneficial for pores.
Cocoa Honey and Yogurt Mask
Cocoa mask is one of the effective pore-tightening mask recipes suitable for all skin types. Cocoa is an excellent protector for the skin with its high levels of antioxidants and vitamins.
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 teaspoon of natural honey.
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. After it becomes a cream, apply it to your cleansed skin.
- Leave for 15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
Important Note: In case of an allergic reaction to any product among the above pore-tightening mask recipes, apply the mixture you have prepared on the inside of your arm and wait. Do not use if you experience burning, itching, redness and tingling