Amaranth, flax, quinoa, chia, spelled, wheat: these are the grains of which this bread is heated. Ground into a “multigrain” flour, each of them contributes to obtaining a dense and soft crumb. A pure delight grilled for lunch or spread with a layer of good salted butter with a meal soup
- In a blender, finely grind the amaranth seeds, quinoa, flax seeds and chia seeds with the spelled flour, scraping the sides of the bowl a few times.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine the crushed grain mixture with the all-purpose flour, wheat flour, baking powder and salt. Add the water. Knead the dough for 5 minutes. The dough will be very sticky. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let stand in a warm, humid place for 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Place the grain mixture in a large bowl.
- With your hands, in the bowl, knead the dough for 30 seconds, folding it back on itself. Place dough in large bowl and coat well with grain mixture. Place the dough in a 25 x 10 cm (10 x 4 in) loaf pan with a capacity of 1.5 liters (6 cups). Cover with plastic wrap. Let stand in a warm, humid place for 30 minutes or until the dough protrudes from the pan.
- Place the grill at the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 220 ° C (425 ° F).
- Bake for 50 minutes. Let cool on a rack before unmolding.