Many women want to grow nails and get rid of the problem of weak nails and lack of growth. If you want to achieve nail growth in the least possible time? In this article, we will show some home ways to grow nails faster and lengthen nails properly.
Nails consist of a protein known as keratin, which protects nails from cracking and breaking. Almost every day, nails grow at a rate of 0.1 mm, and nails grow faster in summer compared to winter.
Causes of nail growth:
1- Time is one of the causes of nail growth, such as an infant whose nails grow more slowly than an adult, but it has been observed that nails grow stronger between the ages of 10:14 years and after that age the growth rate begins to decline.
2- Washing dishes is not good for nail growth, detergents affect nail growth, so you should wear gloves when washing dishes.
3- Stop biting your nails because it prevents them from growing normally.
Home remedies for faster nail growth
1- Take vitamins orally, especially for nail growth:
- Taking vitamins is necessary for healthy nail growth. Take a variety of vitamins such as D, C and A.
- Add dairy products to your food, especially milk, because it contains vitamin D, and to get vitamin C, add oranges, spinach, kale and kiwi to your food.
- For vitamin A, add potatoes, carrots, and orange vegetables.
2- Add protein to your food:
Nails consist of protein, so add protein to your daily food, such as fish, meat and poultry, as well as spinach and vegetables rich in vitamins that your nails need to grow. You can drink protein or add it as a powder to milk too if you want extra amounts of protein.
3- Use tomatoes to achieve nail extension in a short time:
Tomatoes are rich in vitamin B complex, which helps to grow nails and make them stronger and brighter. It also contains vitamins A and C, which also help in the freshness of the skin and to obtain healthy nails.
- Mix ½ cup of tomato juice with 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Put your hand in this mixture for ten minutes
- Follow this remedy every day for a while to get better nails
4- Linseed oil:
Because it contains a large amount of omega-3, so linseed oil plays a major role in the process of nail growth. It also contains nutrients such as potassium, vitamin B, magnesium, zinc, lysine and protein, all of which help in nail growth.
- Do a hand massage using linseed oil for a few minutes
- To keep hands moist, wear gloves for several hours, once or twice a day.
5- Stinging Nettle
It is a herbal plant used in the past in the treatment of nail growth, as it contains large amounts of carbon dioxide and minerals necessary for nail growth.
- Put 2-3 tablespoons of this dried plant
- Cover it for ten minutes
- Add honey to it and drink this drink every day
6- Biotin: a B-complex vitamin
It is very necessary for the growth of nails, and it also improves the composition of keratin, which helps to grow nails quickly and healthy, and the lack of this biotin causes weak, brittle and breakable nails.
- Add protein to your food as it is found in whole wheat grains, eggs, tomatoes, carrots, almonds, salmon, yogurt, broccoli, oats, lentils and walnuts. Instead, take a supplement
7- Horsetail plant:
Horsetail is one of the herbs that affect and help the growth of nails. It is a source of carbon dioxide, calcium, and some minerals that help in nail growth, as well as the general health of nails as a whole.
- Put 3-4 tablespoons of dried horsetail in 2 cups of boiling water.
- Cover it for 10:15 minutes.
- Let it cool and then use it.
- Put your hands in this water for 2 minutes.
- Repeat this process 4 times a week.
It contains vitamin C necessary for nail growth, and helps treat yellow nails and turns them into shiny nails.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Warm up this mixture a little
- Dip your hand in this mixture for 10 minutes and repeat it every day.
- Another way: Take a slice of lemon and rub it on your hand for 5 minutes, then wash it with water and apply a moisturizing cream, and repeat this process every day.
9- Orange juice:
It is a very useful way to increase the rate of nail growth, because of the vitamin C inside it, which promotes collagen production, which helps in healthy nail growth. It also contains folic acid.
- Dip your hand in orange juice for 10 minutes.
- Wash your hands with warm water
- Dry your hand and use a moisturizing cream.
- Repeat this process until you get better results.
10- Coconut Oil:
It has a great role in the growth of nails because it contains important nutrients that help in the growth and protection of nails and prevent skin inflammation and the growth of fungi inside the nails.
- Massage your hand with coconut oil in circular motions daily before bed
- Alternative method: Mix 1/4 cup of coconut with 1/4 cup of honey with 4 drops of rosemary oil.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Put your hand in this mixture for a quarter of an hour and repeat it once or twice a week.
11- Olive oil:
Contains Vitamin E, which improves blood circulation and helps build brittle nails
- Massage your hand with olive oil for 5 minutes before bed
- I wear my cotton pants and I do this every day
- Another way: Soak your hand for a quarter of an hour in warm olive oil
12- Stop biting your nails
Nail biting is a bad habit. The more you eat at your nails, the slower the growth process. So stop this habit as soon as possible. If you cannot stop, there are medicinal products that can be used to help you stop