Eggplant crostini are small Italian toasts garnished with vegetables and flavored with herbs. Crispy and tender, they can be enjoyed with a green salad or as an aperitif with a glass of wine.
For 4 people
6 cherry tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
12 slices of bread
2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
1 C. capers (in salt or in brine)
12 mozzarella balls
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
A few fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
2. Wash the eggplant, peel it and cut it into pieces. Then let them drain for 20 minutes in a colander with coarse salt.
3. Pour a drizzle of olive oil in the hot pan before sautéing the eggplant pieces. Meanwhile, toast the slices of bread and rub them with a clove of garlic.
4. Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and garnish the slices with mozzarella, pieces of eggplant, capers and cherry tomatoes.
5. Sprinkle the toast with thyme and bake for about 15 minutes.
6. Serve the eggplant crostini piping hot with a green salad.