for 8 servings
- 1 cup granulated sugar(200 g)
- ½ cup light corn syrup(120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pecan(125 g), chopped
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar and corn syrup and bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, for 3 minutes. Stir to dissolve the remaining sugar, then boil for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the butter, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, and pecans and stir to incorporate. Let boil for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the rum extract and baking soda, stirring to combine.
- Quickly pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and let cool completely, 10–15 minutes.
- Break the brittle into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.