There are many benefits of onion oil for the body, skin, as well as hair. Onion is famous for its numerous health benefits and its distinctive flavor that it adds to many dishes. Onion essential oil can be extracted from onions, which is characterized by its natural anti-bacterial, antiseptic, aphrodisiac and hypnotic properties. The sulfur type has a strong and unpleasant smell, and in this article we will explain to you the health benefits of onion essential oil. Onion juice contains a sulfur compound that gives onions their distinctive smell and flavor. Onion oil is characterized by its medicinal properties such as anti-phlegm and diuretic properties. Onion oil is an essential tonic because it is rich in vitamins, which include vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B1 (thiamine) and vitamin C. ) .
Benefits of onion oil for the body:1- Onion oil contains many medicinal properties that are beneficial to health and the body:
Onion oil has antiseptic, antibacterial, aphrodisiac, and hypnotic properties. It is also characterized by its antimicrobial, antiviral, antispasmodic, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
2- Onion oil helps flush out toxins from the body:
Onion essential oil contains natural diuretic properties that help stimulate urination and remove toxic and harmful substances from the body such as urea, uric acid, excess fats, salts and water, thus making the body clean and free of toxins, which protects the body from various diseases resulting from the accumulation of these compounds. harmful in the body.
3- Onion oil treats respiratory diseases:
Onion essential oil acts as a natural expectorant, which helps remove congestion and mucus buildup, especially along the respiratory tract to promote unobstructed air flow. The body thus onion essential oil provides relief from common respiratory ailments.
4- Onion oil works to heal wounds:
Onion essential oil contains many strong anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, and therefore it can be used as an antiseptic for wounds and scratches to prevent infection, as it works to kill bacteria on wounds, which promotes rapid wound healing.
5- Onion oil acts as a pain reliever:
Onion essential oil contains strong anti-bacterial properties that help destroy and kill bacteria and germs, which prevents infection in addition to its natural pain-relieving properties, so if you suffer from toothache or earache, you can use onion essential oil externally to relieve pain.
Benefits of onion oil for skin and skin and ways to use it
Onion essential oil nourishes the skin, improves its general appearance, makes the skin smoother and fresh, unifies skin tone, reduces skin spots and skin pigmentation, helps treat and prevent acne, and acts as a natural exfoliator for the skin
- Mix a few drops of onion oil with chickpea flour and plain yogurt, distribute the mask evenly on the skin, leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it off with plain water.
- You can also gently massage the skin with onion oil to increase the glow and vitality of the skin.
- Mix a few drops of onion oil, virgin olive oil or lavender oil and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes, then wipe the mask with a cotton pad moistened with milk and then rinse your face well with plain water.
- Mix a few drops of onion essential oil with plain yogurt and put the mixture on the skin, then wash it well with plain water.
- To get soft and hydrated lips, apply a thin layer of fresh onion juice or mix a drop of onion essential oil with vitamin E oil overnight and rinse it off the next morning.
Onion essential oil nourishes the hair with the nutrients it needs, reduces hair breakage and brittleness due to its rich sulfur content. It also fights dandruff of the scalp, promotes hair growth, increases the strength and volume of hair, reduces the appearance of premature graying of hair, and protects from insects and head lice;
- Add some onions to the water and leave it until it boils, then drain it and let it cool, then rinse your hair with this water.
- To prevent and get rid of head lice, you can make a paste of 3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds (soak onion seeds in water overnight) and onion essential oil, apply the paste to the hair and leave it for 30 minutes, then wash your hair as usual.
- Use onion essential oil diluted with a carrier oil (such as olive, coconut, or sweet almond oil) to massage your scalp, leave it on for 30 minutes, and then wash it off as usual.
- You can also mix onion essential oil with other oils to massage the head.
- Mix onion essential oil, raw honey, curry leaf powder or plain yogurt, distribute the mixture evenly on the hair and leave it for 30 minutes and then wash your hair well in the usual way.
- Onion essential oil should be avoided in cases of pregnancy and breastfeeding to avoid any side effects or serious complications that affect the mother and the child.
- Onion essential oil can interact with some types of medications such as anticoagulants, as it may prevent clotting and blood clotting, so you should consult your doctor first before using it.
- When using onion essential oil internally, it is recommended to do an allergy test first on a small area of the skin to note any allergic reaction that appears on the skin.
How to use onion oil:
Topically: You can use onion essential oil topically in the affected area, and you must make sure to dilute the concentrated onion oil with a suitable carrier oil before applying it topically.
Internally: onion essential oil can help solve indigestion problems, and you can add a few drops of onion essential oil to a cup of warm water to provide relief from indigestion and digestive disorders, but you should consult a doctor first before consuming onion essential oil internally