Honey has countless benefits, and man has known it since ancient times, as it was a favorite food for all people and in all ages. Among the benefits of honey are:
1) It is a high-value food substance that is used as food for children and adults alike. It does not stay in the stomach for long, as it is quickly digested and is quickly absorbed into the lymphatic system to reach the blood.
2) Honey replaces the sugars consumed due to the person’s physical or mental effort.
3) It has been proven that honey works to strengthen the heart, as glucose has a clear effect on the heart muscles. It compensates for what they lose due to their constant work, and increases their strength and continuity.
4) Honey has an effective role in regulating blood pressure and increasing the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
5) Honey is an ideal food to increase strength and energy when playing sports and bathing, so it is recommended to eat honey for athletes because of its many benefits.