Do you feel like your skin is ageing even when you don’t have crow’s feet or frown lines? Chances are you may be having uneven skin tone with a smatter of brown patches and freckles on décolletage, hands, and shoulder areas. These dark spots are known as pigmentation. It is caused by sun exposure especially UVA rays which is said to penetrate deeply into the skin ultimately leading to ageing.
About Skin Pigmentation
What is Skin Pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation is a result of the overproduction of melanin. It is a pigment that leads to dark spots, skin darkening, and patchy skin. In the case of hyperpigmentation, it can even spread to hands, toes, fingers, and areas around the mouth. The skin problem commonly happens to those with wheatish skin tone and dark skin.
Causes of Skin Pigmentation
Direct exposure to sunlight, skin problems, genetics, and hormonal imbalance and climate changes may affect your skin and cause pigmentation.
There are several remedies available at stores for pigmentation. But using homemade face packs are more effective and cause no side effects. Below we show you the best natural face packs for beauty aficionados who take their skincare seriously.
Best Face Pack For Pigmentation To Choose
Here, we have listed the best 12 face pack for pigmentation. All the ingredients used are natural and cause no side effects. It can greatly change the way your skin feels and looks (read: smooth, nourished, and pampered).
1. Multani Mitti And Honey
Multani Mitti is one of the most effective remedies to attain smooth skin. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agents to treat all types of skin diseases. It can treat skin problems like itching, redness, and psoriasis. Use it with honey to fight pigmentation.
- Multani Mitti
- Rose water
- Add four tsp sandalwood powder into a small bowl.
- Mix ½ tsp honey and 2 ½ tsp of rose water.
- Mix all these ingredients well.
- Rinse your face using a face wash and towel dry.
Apply the multani mittin pack on your face and gently massage for few minutes. Leave onto skin for 25 minute and rinse off using cold water.
2. Almond Face Pack
Almonds have essential fatty acids that can brighten skin tone. It is loaded with Vitamin E and Vitamin A which treats melanin skin levels. Almonds are great for treating skin pigmentation naturally through its brightening agents. Here are the ingredients that you will need to make almond face pack.
- Raw milk
- Soak almonds overnight and take off the peel the next morning.
- Crush the soaked almonds and grind it to a fine paste.
- Add the raw milk into it.
- Make use of a cotton ball to apply the pack onto the skin. Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off your face using water.
Apply this face pack twice a week to see visible results.
3. Papaya Face Pack
Papaya has a natural enzyme papain that can help in lightening the skin while treating dark spots. It can slough off dead skin cells and help in treating dark patches and skin blemishes.
- Half raw papaya
- Raw milk
- Grate a fresh raw half papaya and add four tsp of raw milk to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this pack on face and leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off using cold water.
Try this face pack thrice a week to treat dark spots from skin.
4. Orange Face Pack
Moong dal and orange peel are two effective ingredients to make a herbal face pack for treating pigmentation. Moong dal has a high amount of Vitamin B1, B5, B9, and B6 which in turn boost blood circulation. Vitamin B has effective skin lightening agents that can help in reducing skin pigmentation while orange peel has citric acids that can soften skin.
- Moong dal
- Orange peel
- Take a little water in a bowl and add two tsp of moong dal.
- Soak it overnight.
- Grind it to a fine paste the next morning.
- Add two tsp of orange peel powder and honey each.
- Slowly add the milk into the solution.
- Mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste onto face and leave it to dry for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off using warm water.
Apply the orange peel pack twice a week to see best results. To prepare the orange peel powder, you can dry few orange peels first. Grind it well to form a fine powder.
5. Avocado Face Pack
Avocados are a great ingredient to treat skin blemishes. They are loaded with fatty acids, Vitamin E, and oleic acid that can help in rejuvenating skin. Vitamin E is especially effective in treating skin pigmentation.
- Mash an avocado into a smooth paste.
- Add three tsp of milk into the paste and mix it well.
- Apply the pack onto your face and rinse off after 20 minutes.
Use this pack on your face daily to see visible results.
6. Sandalwood Face Pack With Rose Water
Sandalwood is a popular ingredient used in most beauty products. It is used for treating skin pigmentation, too. The antiseptic agents present in sandalwood greatly help in soothing skin. It can be used with rose water to protect skin from free radicals.
- Sandalwood powder
- Rose water
- Lemon juice
- Mix two tsp of sandalwood powder with two tsp of rose water.
- Then add one tsp of glycerin into the mixture.
- After that, add few drops of lemon juice into the solution to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the pack onto face and leave it to dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off using lukewarm water.
Use this face pack thrice a week to clear off pigmentation effectively.