Lightening the hair without chemicals and dyes harmful to the hair can be done easily. Lightening hair with chamomile is one of the wonderful natural ways. It is a flower-like plant and can be used to lighten hair naturally without causing damage to the hair. Chamomile can be used as an alternative to chemical dyes that weaken hair fibers. The method of lightening the hair by the chamomile flower gives an effective result with light hair, but with dark hair it may not give successful results.
Chamomile flower is a healing plant that has beneficial properties for hair. In addition, this plant helps in repairing dry and damaged parts of hair, as it reduces excess oil on the scalp and fights dandruff as well. In addition to the lightening property of chamomile.
Chamomile contains a natural yellow pigment that penetrates the hair fibers, making it yellow, light and golden. In addition to the above, chamomile gives shine and radiance to the hair. Chamomile is a completely harmless natural remedy, as it does not harm the hair like chemical dyes.
On any hair color chamomile achieve effective results?
Blonde and brown hair will achieve not bad results when using chamomile, but chamomile will achieve stronger results with light chestnut hair color and light Venetian colors. And with dark hair colors, chamomile may achieve unpleasant colors such as orange, so it is not recommended to use chamomile with dark hair. Taking into account that the effect of chamomile on the hair can be enhanced when exposed to sunlight because ultraviolet rays increase during the oxidation of hair dye.
Lightening hair and how to use chamomile:
There are many ways in which chamomile can be used to lighten hair, but the simplest and easiest of these methods is chamomile tea:
5 bags of chamomile tea – 2 cups of water – a shower cap
- Put chamomile tea bags in pre-boiled water and leave it for a few minutes to cool down
- Remove the chamomile bags from the water
- After that, we apply water to the areas you want to lighten,
- Then cover the hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes
- Rinse and wash hair afterwards as usual
Lightening hair with chamomile, honey and lemon:
Lemon and honey are well-known natural ingredients that also lighten hair. Adding lemon and honey to chamomile adds extra moisture to the hair and protects the hair.
1 cup of water – 1 or 2 chamomile tea bags – 1 lemon – 2 teaspoons of honey
- Boil water, then add chamomile tea bags
- After a few minutes, we remove the tea bags and add honey
- In the last step, add lemon to the mixture
- Leave the mixture until it cools
- Put the mixture on the areas you want to lighten and leave for 15-20 minutes
- Then rinse the hair and wash
- For better results, dry the hair in the sun, or cover the hair with a shower cap, because that heat helps lighten the hair and achieve better results.
Lighten hair with chamomile shampoo:
There are many shampoo products on the market that contain the main ingredient, chamomile. This type of shampoo helps to lighten the hair, and we offer you how to make chamomile shampoo at home:
One cup of any chemical-free natural shampoo – half a liter of chamomile tea
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Chamomile tea is prepared in the normal way we mentioned and poured into a bottle
- Then add honey and shampoo to the bottle, close well and shake vigorously until the ingredients mix well
- This shampoo is used to wash hair and leave it on the hair for two minutes before rinsing the hair
How long does it take for the hair to be lightened by chamomile shampoo?
The time it takes for the hair to lighten with chamomile shampoo depends on the person and his hair, so there is no definitive answer to this question.
However, it is recommended not to overuse those previous recipes, they are indeed natural recipes but may cause dryness or weakness of hair when overused. Therefore, we recommend using these recipes once or twice a month, which also depends on the type of hair of the user