How can acid be used to fight the corona epidemic and facial pimples at the same time? In fact, this is the case when it comes to hypochlorous acid, which is used to fight bacteria, germs and viruses, and it is also included in the composition of many skin care products, especially those that help fight facial pimples. This may seem very strange to you, so in this article we will introduce you to all the information about this acid.
What is hypochlorous acid?
Hypochlorous acid is naturally present in the body and is produced by white blood cells as a defense system against bacteria, germs and viruses that the body may encounter. This acid acts as a response by the body against bacteria and protects it from diseases. In this context, chemists have found several years ago a way to manufacture this acid and use it as an antibacterial and antibacterial, and its role has emerged in abundance in recent years with the spread of the Corona virus around the world. On the other hand, thanks to its light formula and its ability to get rid of bacteria and germs, this ingredient has been included in many skin care products to relieve pimples and infections.
What are the benefits of hypochlorous acid for the skin?
- Hypochlorous acid fights bacteria that cause clogged pores and acne, thus reducing pimples.
- Hypochlorous acid speeds up the wound healing process and thus reduces the scars that appear on the face, whether it is due to pimples or other factors.
- Hypochlorous acid reduces inflammation and thus fights pimples, especially those that are inflamed.
- It purifies the skin from the depths and cleans it of all bacteria, germs or dirt accumulated from external factors.
- Hypochlorous acid is very gentle on the skin and treats any type of skin whether it is dry, oily, combination or even sensitive.
How can hypochlorous acid be introduced into the skin care routine?
It is true that hypochlorous acid is used to fight bacteria and germs in general, but products intended for cleaning surfaces should not be used on the skin because they contain other ingredients that may be harmful. From here, to take advantage of the benefits of this component, resort to:
- Spray for the skin of this acid. Usually, this acid comes in the form of a spray that is spread on the skin to fight bacteria and infections.
- A cream or serum that contains hypochlorous acid and is usually intended to combat pimples and acne.
- Lotion or soap designed to fight pimples and contains this acid.
- Pure hypochlorous acid for the skin
Is hypochlorous acid safe on the skin?
Just like any other acid or ingredient, hypochlorous acid can have some side effects such as:
- Hypochlorous acid may cause skin irritation if it contains perfume, especially for women with sensitive skin. From here, choose products that are free of perfume and alcohol.
- Hypochlorous acid is a strong fight against bacteria and germs, hence it can sometimes cause redness of the skin. If the redness exceeds the normal rate, stop using it immediately.
- If you decide to use hypochlorous acid spray, make sure to keep it away from the eyes and avoid any mist from entering this area, as it may cause irritation and redness