Banana and Chia Seed Pudding for Babies
Banana and chia seed pudding is one of the most beneficial types of pudding for infants, as every mother begins to think about introducing food to her child when he is six months old, but every mother must choose the food that she presents to her child with care, and mashed foods must be provided well so that the child can Eat it easily, and pudding is one of the foods suitable to be presented to children at this age, because it is rich in the nutrients necessary for the child, in addition to being easy to swallow and digest .
- Ripe banana.
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds.
- 160 ml of baby milk.
Chia seeds: Chia seeds have a natural ability to crystallize and thicken, so they can turn a liquid like milk into a pudding or custard-like consistency.
Benefits of chia seeds for children:
- Chia seeds are a rich source of protein needed for growing children as they contain all nine important amino acids.
- Strengthen the child’s bones as they are rich in important minerals to increase bone strength, such as calcium, phosphorous and magnesium.
- Chia seeds are rich in dietary fiber, which maintains the health of the digestive system and prevents constipation, as it increases the feeling of satiety for long periods.
- Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids needed to maintain a healthy heart, blood vessels and nervous system.
- Chia seeds contain powerful antioxidants that protect the body’s cells from damage and the process of oxidative stress, preventing the child from developing chronic diseases.
Chia seeds side effects for children:
Despite the amazing benefits of chia seeds on the health of the child, it should not be excessively served to the child because it can cause some undesirable side effects, which include the following:
- Gastrointestinal disorders due to ingestion of large amounts of water-soluble dietary fiber found in chia seeds.
- Some children may suffer from an allergy to chia seeds, which causes the appearance of various allergic symptoms, and in this case, you should stop offering chia seed recipes to the child.
Bananas are one of the favorite fruits for children because of their sweet taste and ease of ingestion and digestion, and you can offer them to your child in many ways to get the maximum health benefits for the child.
Banana health benefits for baby:
- Provide the child’s body with important nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
- Bananas are rich in potassium, which is one of the minerals needed to maintain a healthy heart and blood vessels.
- Maintaining the health and strength of bones and teeth because it is rich in calcium and phosphorous.
- Bananas are rich in iron, which helps prevent anemia and anemia.
- Provides the child with the necessary energy.
- Bananas are rich in vitamin A, which is one of the vitamins needed to maintain healthy eyes.
- Bananas are rich in tryptophan, an amino acid responsible for sleep, thus increasing the growth hours of the child, which promotes his growth.
Banana side effects:
- Digestive disorders, as it is rich in starch, which takes a long time to digest.
- Accumulation of gas in the abdomen because bananas are rich in fructose, which stimulates the colon to produce abdominal gases.
- Tooth decay, as the starch in bananas sticks to the teeth for long periods of time, causing tooth decay in the event that they are not cleaned well.
- Some infants may suffer from an allergy to bananas, which may cause the appearance of symptoms of an allergic reaction on your child, and in this case, you should stop serving bananas to your child.
Benefits of Banana and Chia Seed Pudding Recipe:
- Quick and easy to prepare.
- Its components are simple and readily available.
- It does not contain added sugar and allergens, making it suitable for infants.
How to prepare:
How to prepare :
- Mix banana and milk together.
- Add chia seeds to the mixture with stirring.
- Pour the mixture into a suitable container and leave it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving it to your child.
Tips for making banana pudding with chia seeds:
- It is better to choose white chia seeds instead of black because the banana pudding is light in color.
- Put it in the fridge for 20 minutes, until the chia seeds harden.
- Store the pudding in an airtight container as the bananas in the pudding tend to change color over time