natural ways to cover white hair without chemicals
The appearance of white hair is not related to a specific age, and we notice these days the appearance of white hair prematurely. Owners of white hair resort to the use of artificial hair dyes that damage the hair, which can be replaced with natural dyes such as coffee, tea, sage and indigo, which can be used weekly to cover white hair completely and have no side effects because they are natural materials, but we must use natural products with High quality for best results.
Although some people love the beauty of their white tufts, but many of us also like to add some color to their hair, there is no doubt that dyeing hair in different colors adds a different and attractive appearance to you, but it has serious damage to your health.
Also, some scientific studies have proven that most artificial hair dyes lead to cancer. Excessive use of these dyes may lead to cancer of the leukemia, lymph nodes and bladder.
But what is the meaning of life without colors?
Therefore, we offer you safe alternative ways to get the perfect coverage of white hair.
Natural ways to cover your white hair:
Not only is it the favorite drink of many, but coffee is a natural and safe color that turns your hair from white to brown. All you have to do is add this mixture to your hair after you wash and dry it
- One cup of boiled coffee extract or espresso.
- Half a cup of moisturizer, such as vitamin E, almond oil, or olive oil.
- 2 teaspoons of ground coffee beans.
Wash this vinegar off with apple cider vinegar to make sure you get a brown color that stays longer. Coffee turns your white hair into an earthy brown.
Repeat this process once a week until you get a stronger color.
Although tea is not as strong as a coffee infusion to cover white hair, it may be a suitable choice for you.
All you have to do is mix the following ingredients in a cup.
1 cup of strong tea (we use about 3-5 bags of brewed tea or the same amount of ground tea leaves).
Half a cup of a hair moisturizer such as vitamin E, almond oil or olive oil.
Apply this mixture to your hair and leave it for an hour, repeat this process until you get complete coverage.
If you want to darken your hair color, you can use some herbs that help you achieve this.
If you want to get the red color: wash your hair with water soaked in these herbs after boiling and cooling them, such as calendula, a type of chrysanthemum plant, rosehip herb, marigold herb and hibiscus.
If you want to get brown hair: Put a fist-sized amount of sage to a liter of water and boil for 30 to 45 minutes. Leave it to cool and then apply this mixture to clean hair.
Repeat this method once a week until you get dark hair.
For many centuries, dry and ground henna has been used to dye hair.
Henna turns white hair into a crimson or copper color, in addition to removing dandruff from the scalp.
It is very simple to prepare a natural henna dye.
- 2 cups of henna powder.
- A spoonful of lemon juice.
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt to moisturize hair.
- One teaspoon of amla powder or crushed powder of hibiscus.
Mix them all in a metal bowl and cover for two hours.
Use the brush to distribute this mixture on your white hair with your hand, taking into account the use of hand gloves so that the henna does not stick to your hand.
Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on for at least 6 hours or until the henna begins to flake off. Wash your hair well.
Indigo looks and feels similar to henna. It is ideal for people who want to have chestnut or black hair.
All you have to do is follow the following to get a dye made from the indigo herb:
- 1 cup of henna powder.
- 1 cup of indigo.
- Half a cup of water squeezed lemon.
- 2 teaspoons of almond oil or olive oil.
Put this mixture on your hair and leave it for 2 to 6 hours, then wash it and you will get your hair dark, healthy and shiny.
Colored hair care
Colored hair needs care so that the color does not fade away quickly with hair washing.
Here are some important tips to help you maintain your hair color for a longer period:
- Wash your hair twice a week using a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Avoid using a hair iron, whether to straighten the hair or make it curly.
- Use a natural hair conditioner such as coconut oil or shea butter to nourish your scalp.
- There are many household ingredients such as beet juice and almond peel that can help you to cover your white hair.
- Keep in mind that natural dyes have a slower effect than chemical industrial dyes, and these dyes are very safe for your health, so it is best to use them only and avoid industrial dye
Get rid of white hair with potato peels
If you are asking yourself how you can get rid of white hair today, a quick way is to use potato peels to treat white hair. Old age, and the appearance of white hair may make you feel embarrassed or aging, and many women resort to using hair dyes to cover white hair, but these dyes contain chemicals that may harm the hair and scalp, so it is better to use natural methods to cover white hair One of these natural ingredients is potato peel.
When using hair dyes to cover the treatment of white hair and the treatment of graying hair , it may take a lot of time and money, and chemical dyes may destroy and damage the hair and scalp as well. There is a new trick that is much less costly than using chemical dyes, as it is safe for hair and scalp, which is the use of a bag of potatoes.
Potato peels contain an enzyme called catecholase, and this enzyme is used in cosmetics. This enzyme also helps add color to the hair.
Potatoes also contain high amounts of vitamins A, B6, C, D, and E, and they also contain iron, zinc, copper, calcium, potassium, niacin and magnesium. These nutrients are food for hair and scalp, and they also prevent hair loss and brittleness.
Benefits of using potato water on hair to treat white hair :
Potatoes have many health and aesthetic benefits on the body and skin, potato water helps to get rid of dark circles around the eyes, and potatoes are useful for hair as it promotes hair growth and helps to darken white hair without harming hair and scalp, and potato peels can It adds some natural shine to the hair while hiding the white color.
The starches in vegetables act as a natural dye and have been used as an alternative to dyeing fabrics for many centuries. Experiments have also shown that potato peels are very effective in coloring white hair naturally when used regularly and consistently.
How to use potato peels to get rid of white hair:
If you are looking for a quick way to help treat white hair then,you should try this method. It may seem to you that using potato peels to color and treat white hair is strange, but it is effective and natural, and the way to use it is very easy, all you have to do is follow the following steps :
- Boil a few potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Extract the peels from the potatoes and then put them in the blender (the peels are not the potatoes themselves).
- Wash your hair in the usual way, and then put potato peels on your hair after that.
- Leave the potato peels on your hair for at least 15 minutes, then rinse it well with water.
- Use a hair mask or hair conditioner to get rid of the smell of potato peels from your hair and scalp, and you will get a great result in the treatment of white hair.
Another way to use potato peels to get rid of white hair:
- 6 potato peels (the more you use potato peels, the stronger the solution will be).
- Boiling water .
- Essential oil (this step is optional).
- A suitable strainer or a piece of gauze.
- Clean bowl.
Getting rid of white hair by preparing potato peel water:
- Add potato peels to help get rid of white hair to the pot of boiling water and let it boil for at least 25 minutes.
- Turn off the pot and leave it to steep for another 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture using a suitable strainer or a piece of clean cloth.
- Strain the liquid into a clean bowl and get rid of the potato peels.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil (this step is optional, you can omit it).
- Leave the water of the potato peels aside to cool to room temperature before using them.
How to get rid of white hair by applying potato peel water:
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner as usual.
- Style your hair using a suitable comb to detangle hair.
- Divide your hair into several sections from 4 to 6 sections (depending on the thickness and length of the hair).
- Pour a sufficient amount of potato peel water on each section of the hair until it is completely covered, you must make sure that the potato peel water works on the scalp as it works on stimulating the scalp well.
- Rinse your hair with cold water or you can leave the potato peel water on the hair and tie dry hair using an old towel.
- Style your hair in the usual way.
According to the percentage of white hair that you have that you want to darken, you can repeat the rinsing process using potato peel water several times until you get the appropriate and desired coverage without using commercial dyes that contain chemical compounds that may harm health, hair and scalp as well