This year, opt for a coconut Yule log! This quick and easy recipe is ideal to finish on a fresh and exotic note. This butter-free dessert is to be enjoyed with appetite.
For the sponge cake:
100g of flour
100 g sugar
For the whipped cream:
30 cl of whole liquid cream (30%)
250 g of mascarpone
50 g sugar
A few drops of coconut or vanilla extract
For garnish :
Coconut shavings or grated coconut
1. In a salad bowl, place the mascarpone and the liquid cream then set aside in the freezer for a few minutes to facilitate the assembly of the whipped cream.
2. For the sponge cake: start by separating the whites from the yolks. Then beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt. Once the eggs start to firm, gradually pour in the sugar while continuing to beat the mixture.
3. When the eggs are almost set, add the 4 egg yolks and continue beating for a few minutes.
4. Then add the vanilla and the previously sifted flour. Mix gently with a spatula. Spread the sponge cake evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with grated coconut and bake for 10 minutes at 180 ° C.
5. With an electric mixer, combine the mascarpone and liquid cream. Then add the sugar and the coconut extract and beat everything firmly. Reserve in the fridge.